Courgetti with Basil Pesto
You need a spiralizer to make the courgetti for this dish. They are about £20/$30 and are widely available to buy online. An incredibly simple dish that adds interest to a salad and is great for summer parties and entertaining.
Write a review
- 2 courgettes (zucchinis)
For the pesto
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup of fresh, chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of hemp oil
- Salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon
- Spiralize your 2 courgettes and put to one side while you make the pesto.
- Put all the pesto ingredients, except the lemon juice, into a food processor and mixed until evenly distributed.
- Pour the pesto over the courgetti and mix with a spoon until it is completely covered.
- Drizzle some lemon juice over the dish.
- If you don't have hemp oil just use two tablespoons of olive oil instead.
Nutritious Roots http://www.nutritiousroots.com/
June 4, 2016 12:26 pm