Golden Milk is a warming drink which I like to have in the evening. The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric, which is the subject of my latest blog post so do have a read. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and has anti-cancer properties amongst its many other attributes. This recipe is quick and easy to make and a great night cap.
Write a review
For the paste
- 1/4 cup of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp of ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of filtered water
To make the Golden Milk
- 1 cup of fresh almond milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of the turmeric paste
Making the paste
- Mix all the paste ingredients in a small sauce pan and mix well.
- Heat the mixture while stirring constantly until it is a thick paste. This does not take long so don’t walk away from the pan.
- Let this mixture cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge for whenever you want to make some of the milk. It will last about a week.
Making the Golden Milk
- Combine the paste with the almond milk and coconut oil in a saucepan.
- On a medium heat stir constantly but do not allow the mixture to boil.
Nutritious Roots http://www.nutritiousroots.com/
May 20, 2016 12:03 am Leave your thoughts