Lemon & Vanilla Protein Balls
These protein balls are a perfect snack at any time of day and are especially useful when you're on the go or for after a workout. I also find they satisfy my need for a sweet snack but without the sugar. I like to make a large batch and freeze some for a later date. You can also try them with orange instead of lemon.
Write a review
- 1 cup ground almond
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup protein powder (I use Sun Warrior Protein Powder - vanilla)
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and mix together until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Shape the mixture into balls.
- Store the protein balls in the fridge.
- You can also use doTERRA lemon or wild orange essential oils to intensify the flavour of the protein balls.
Nutritious Roots http://www.nutritiousroots.com/
May 21, 2016 10:49 pm